So, when you go to paint a room, be sure to cover the carpet, bring a ladder, and remember that a screw driver is helpful. Michael and I stood there wishing we could reach the top of the wall to paint when a friend that will remain anonomous had the great idea that I should get on top of Michael's shoulders to put the tape up on the ceiling and to paint. Poor guy almost died! I wish I had a picture. This friend also had the great idea to stand on the window ledge to tape the top of the window. The friend jumped down on top of the bucket of paint and spilled a lot of it on the carpet. Funny thing is that its red (the color of this font) and it looked like someone got shot and killed right there in our bedroom. All I could do was laugh knowing that we're getting new carpet soon. If this friend so chooses to reveal themself, you will know who it is...otherwise I'll keep their dignity :) Thanks for all your help, dear friend! You really were awesome, but the story had to go on the blog!!!
I confess! j/k I wish I could have been there helping you paint friends. Funny story (Brett told me about it after we got off the phone). Good thing that anonymous friend wasn't in Japan a few weeks ago helping us paint b/c we can't get new carpet!!! love, Tiff
ReplyDeleteI bet I know who the mystery friend is--but I won't tell. :-) Sounds like y'all are having lots of fun setting up the new place. Glad to hear the spill only resulted in loss of paint and not ruined carpet that you have to keep. Any chance y'all could do a tape outline around the blood-red stain and take pictures to simulate a crime scene? Y'know, just as a joke... or is that too morbid?...
ReplyDeleteI confess... I was the acrobat in the room, but it was not a mere jump down. It was a backwards jump with one foot landing on a paint can causing my body to shift further back toward the floor as my ffet went to the air. Luckily, it was a small room and i landed on my back with my feet on the other wall. Too bad no one able to see that stunt. Oh well, the adventures continue.
ReplyDelete