I found this post helpful for healthy eating on a budget. I'm trying to make some things from scratch, but it's a hard adjustment for me. What are some of your tips?
I do a lot of making my own sauces. Things like taco seasoning are expensive, especially considering I keep all those same spices in my cabinet already. I also go to the library once every two weeks and pick up a different cook book so that we are always trying new things. I have about 20 recipes flagged to make as soon as the most expensive items go on sale. And, I plan leftover nights. That way we aren't throwing away things that we already have. I'm sure I could get better at it, but I'm happy with the amount that we spend right now.
Amber, Catherine was a girl in my bible study when I first moved to DC. In fact, I think it was my first bible study that she announced she was engaged to Josh. What a small world. I hope you and all your boys are doing well!
I do a lot of making my own sauces. Things like taco seasoning are expensive, especially considering I keep all those same spices in my cabinet already. I also go to the library once every two weeks and pick up a different cook book so that we are always trying new things. I have about 20 recipes flagged to make as soon as the most expensive items go on sale. And, I plan leftover nights. That way we aren't throwing away things that we already have. I'm sure I could get better at it, but I'm happy with the amount that we spend right now.
ReplyDeleteAmber, Catherine was a girl in my bible study when I first moved to DC. In fact, I think it was my first bible study that she announced she was engaged to Josh. What a small world. I hope you and all your boys are doing well!
ReplyDelete