We went to Kangazoom this morning because we were tired of being quarantined by croup and poop. (We'll save that for another day)
We had lots of fun and I was so proud of Sam! He had gone into the other big kid room to get a basketball and he brought it into the little kid room to play basketball in the bounce house with the little goal. One kid took the ball from him and he said "ok, I'll go get another ball." I was so proud!!!
So, he comes back with the new ball and continues to play. I'm chasing Owen around not paying attention to Sam as much because he's happy. Then, I hear him sceaming. I go over to find that an 8 year old boy is in there playing and he has taken Sam's ball. I asked him if he'd give it back because he had just gone to the other room to get it.
The kid looked at me and threw it as far away as he could from me and Sam in the bouncy thing. Now, if he had said "no" I would have just told Sam to wait for his turn, but this really ticked me off.
I put Owen down and went in the crowded bounce house to retrieve the ball. The kid went after it too! I dove in front of him (yes, I'm not proud) and fell ontop of him into the basketball pit!!!! This caused the house to deflate a good bit and Moms were grabbing their toddlers to save them from me. I'm not embellishing this story at all! My bottom was literally on the floor...I could feel concrete.
I did get the ball and was so embarrassed that I have no clue what happened to the little brat.
What would you have done, though?
NO MA'AM! I was laughing too hard to call when I first read this! We just got back from our walk and the geese were hissing at me to stay away from their babies. I thought of you. ha I'd love to know what that kid told his mom.
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing out loud in my office right now! I love that you boxed out an 8 year old. I'm proud of you.
ReplyDeleteA HUGE LOL!!!!!! I'm picturing it all in my head and cracking up! What a protective mama!!! I probably would have done the same thing. Way to go! Bratty kids get on my nerves.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Sam!!!
ReplyDeleteAmber, you go girl! That is awesome. Awesome that it is hilarious and just made me laugh really hard and awesome that you stuck up for your boy!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome. Hilarious, beautiful and surely a picture of how we are Loved!
ReplyDelete