I'm thankful that the Lord protected Doug and that he's alive.
for amazing girlfriends that encourage me
that we have enough money for food, clothes and shelter
that Michael has a job...that he loves!
that I get to stay home with our boys
that I get to teach them for now
that Jesus has saved me and I don't have to do anything to earn it, even if I could
that we are filthy rich, relationally
for new friendships forming and reforming
that I have a sweet husband
that we have a handful of friends that would babysit for free
that we love our church and the people in it
that we have good cars-thanks to Michael's parents
that it's finally Fall-like!
I really could go on and on....
Here are some pics of what we've been up to in no particular order
| Henry Yoder came for a visit and thought these glasses were too funny! I wish I caught this on video...we were dying laughing. |
| Brotherly love |
| Field trip to the Chattahoochee. Fed the ducks. |
| We make the letters different ways instead of tracing them. This is supposed to be better for them at 3 from what I've read. |
| Our apple craft |
| I keep whatever we're learning up by our kitchen table so we keep talking about them throughout the day. Sam and Owen love this! |
![]() |
| We LOVE these Melissa and Doug blocks. Owen thinks the funniest thing he's ever seen is building a tower with them and then knocking them down. It's really funny and cute to hear him crack up! |
| Playing Hi Ho Cherry Oh is part of our curriculum. Got it for $2 at the Kindermart sale...YES! |
| Our bedtime story ritual. |
| Uncle Matthew came for dinner. Sam likes to be upside down a lot right now. |
| He's getting so good and fast it makes me nervous |
| Dublin just started recycling...yay! |
![]() |
| At the ice cream shop downtown Dublin |
![]() |
| Mrs. Vestal and Sam (he's her biggest fan) |
![]() |
| My sweet boys |




Laughing out loud at the comment that Sam likes being upside down. Love this post. Happy 18 months to Owie too!
ReplyDeleteWe are thankful for a lot of those same things! Praise the Lord for saving Doug's life!
ReplyDeleteI've read a lot on handwriting, too. Shaping the letters with playdough is great for little bitty fingers and muscles. I'm actually going to be in Atlanta on October 30 for a handwriting training workshop. I'd love to visit with you guys and the Teacheys on that Sunday (halloween). I'll call you.
Thanks for the Henry shout out! Love that picture! Thanks for the reminder to be thankful. Grateful for Doug and that Dublin is FINALLY recycling :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Will you email me that photo of Henry? Thank you very much.
ReplyDeletehey!! i wish i was in atl so we could hang out!!! love your post. you are so encouraging!! i bet you are the best teacher too.
ReplyDelete