Monday, October 30, 2006

Death and Redemption-10 years ago today

It's interesting to me that this article is titled Death and Redemption because that describes what happened in my life after this terrible event 10 years ago today. One of my Middle School friends, Rachael Ford, was killed in this accident that was supposed to be a night of fun and pranks for Homecoming. I was too scared to go to the funeral and I couldn't stop thinking what would happen to me if that was my situation. Would I be in Heaven? I couldn't stand the thought of not knowing. I later heard the Gospel at a Young Life camp and understood I needed Christ's righteousness to replace my sin so I could be sure of never experiencing God's wrath. What a wonderful gift!
Although there was much pain a sorrow for everyone involved, this article and my own personal story show how God works everything out for the good of those who love Him! Romans 8:28

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/stories/2006/10/27/1028metashleigh.html

3 comments:

  1. hey, this is interesting. I think I know this girl's dad. Were her parents divorced?

    Very cool that the article was named that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so just read the article, I am pretty sure that Rachel Ford's dad was remarried and I used to baby sit for him and his other kids when I was 14. I remember her dying and me having to watch the kids while he went up to the funeral.

    Did she have a brother named Christopher? When I was 14, Christopher was between 10 and 13....sometimes he would come down and stay with his half brothers and sisters that I baby sat.

    Totally random.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay..take it back I babysat for another girls dad that died in that wreck. Her name was Leslie Caron.

    still an intereting connection.

    ReplyDelete