Monday, October 29, 2007

Humility

It's about time for us to update this thing. Thanks David for the reminder! :)
I'm learning a ton as a new Mom. How to take care of a baby-diapers, rashes, formula, baby food, clothing, even discipline of saying "no" on the changing table. How to juggle house wife chores-while taking care of Sam. These are just the practical everyday things I'm learning how to do with a smile on my face and a grateful attitude for all the Lord has blessed us with. I can't believe I actually get cranky sometimes.
I heard about "Mom brain" before pregnancy, but just thought those Moms were more likely to be forgetful before having children. I have been hit with this loss of brain. I am so humbled by being so scatter brained. I hate it. I missed a fun Halloween party I've been excited about for a month, forgot to meet with the only 2 girls I've had the priviledge to disciple, straight up forget to prepare a meal even though I'm home all day sometimes, forget to write some thank you notes for gifts given 2 months ago, forget to email people back...i went through the past month and a half of emails last night...
Needless to say, I'm very humbled. If I've offended any of you in this process, please forgive me. I'm thankful for all of you and appreciate your grace.
God is so good to not leave me this way, though. He's working out His plan in me to make me more reliant on His strength to do this thing called motherhood.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amber, I wanted to let you know that we were at Perimeter last weekend for the baby blessings. I have a couple pictures if you want me to email them to you. Send me an email address you would like me to send them to and I'll try to as soon as I can. They aren't the clearest, but since you guys were behind Randy you were on the big screen. Anyway, respond to sendtodavidson@gmail.com and I'll send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen sister! this is such a hard job. i love that i am able to spend my day making a home and a family. but sometimes as i'm cooking dinner, washing dishes, watching natalie while ryan is lesiurly driving home from work...ARGH! then to see her sleeping so happily when i go to bed is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete