Any ideas on how to organize and clean up your house if it's less than 1000 sq. ft without a garage or attic or coat closet? We have 2 adults and 1 child with a lot of stuff! Any tips would be greatly appreciated! (I am about to put a lot of it in a garage sale in my parents' neighborhood in a couple weeks) I love our condo, don't get me wrong...I just need organizational creativity.
one of the biggest things you can do is De-clutter. If you haven't used it since you got married, get rid of it. Garage sale it, ebay it, good will it, whatever, but get rid of it.
ReplyDeleteThen..you just have to go room by room and go through all of your stuff that you NEED, and organize it it baskets, or what not, making the most of your space.
I think RealSimple.com might have like an organization section. They have great ideas for usually reasonable prices.
we don't have space either :) I just totally cleaned out our bathroom cabinets, combining doubles of stuff, throwing out expired prescriptions, and such...anyway. I have a spring cleaning fever too. SO much stuff, so little space!
I can only image. With two adults and a dog in the same amount of space, I feel like the walls are caving in on us. We had a coat closet, but since we had no pantry I converted it to store all the food. I just made extra closet space by getting rid of stuff I didn't even know I had. Also, to make the most of the space we had, I went to the container store and for around $10, you can buy closet rods that hang from the rod that is already there and it doubles the amount of room you have for storing other items. I also like the under the bed rubbermaid containers for extra sheets, blankets, sweaters, etc. It frees up the linen closet for other things.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend here that has a son that was born right before Sam and for his toys, she keeps some stuff on one shelf that he can reach and puts everything else in a closet bin that he cant. Every few months, she will rotate the toys that are on the shelf so that everything is not out at once, and it's almost like getting all new toys for him. If nothing else, it gives the appearance of less clutter.
Good Luck!
We just organized our room, and we put some really 6 plastic drawers under our bed (3 on each side). It added 6 big drawers to hold our stuff! I'll let you know if I can think of anything else.
ReplyDelete