Monday, April 21, 2008

TV

I know there are going to be people on both sides of this issue, but I wanted to bring it up. What do you think about TV? We have cable and have had it for a year now. I got it hoping it would help with boredom while being home with Sam. I'm thinking about getting rid of it because of time and money issues. Do you have it and why do you think I should cut it off? I'm mostly talking to Moms because I totally understand having it if you work all day and have some shows you love at night...
Click here for an interesting article about it

3 comments:

  1. Well, I skimmed that article, and it lists some good reasons.

    Here's why I may never own another TV:

    I don't miss it.

    It's just that simple for me. I grew up as a TV junkie, but I haven't owned a TV for the last two years. The thought never crosses my mind to want it any other way. The only time I find access to a TV necessary is during football season. But I've found it more fun to actually go out and find a public place to watch the game with other fans.

    I know I'm not a mom or anything, so I can't speak to any reasoning involving kids. But personally I'm so glad I gave up on TV as a regular fixture of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't mind it. i don't usually turn it on except to let natalie watch backyardigans once a day ( i keep them on tivo) and ryan and i watch a few shows after she goes to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:31 PM

    I say turn off the tv!! Bradley and I went without for 2 years and really didn't miss it (he missed watching sports) When a special game was on , we went and watched with friends. It saves money and makes a stronger family and marriage. We spent more time doin FUN things together. Don't get me started about letting kids watch tv....I could go on!

    ReplyDelete