Sam is going to be a big brother!
We found out this morning! My parents kept Sam last night so we could go to dinner with the Darts, Heaths and Dearolphs. The Darts are moving to Chicago! Anyways, we went to a movie with Britt late last night and got to sleep in a little bit. I took the test a few days early thinking it would be negative but hoping I could surprise Michael. He thought we'd take it Friday right before he left town, but I took it today! I didn't think it would be positive and I looked at it right away and it was still negative. I sat there and counted to 120 and looked. IT WAS POSITIVE! I couldn't believe it. I opened the door and said, "michael, come here." He said, "please???" hahaha. I pointed to it and he was like, "oh wow!"
We went to breakfast at J. Christopher's (our favorite) and then got Sam from Grammy.
I can't believe I'm pregnant!
I took Sam to the pool for a playdate and there were a ton of cars in the parking lot. When I walked up to the gate with Sam, Mecall (36 weeks preggo) came waddling up to let me in. Behind her at the kiddie pool were Melissa (22 weeks preggo) and her son Henry, Jenna (32 weeks preggo) and Elie, Shelley and her 2 kids, Angie and her 3 kids, a pregnant lady due Saturday with her little girl and some other family. I was amazed at all the bellies! I laughed to Mecall about it and she said, "I know, when is your second coming???" I just laughed. She took it to mean, "yeah, right! A second already?" I've been lying about it and telling people I'm not ready, but I really am. Last pregnancy and newborn stage was super hard, but now that I'm more prepared for it, I'm not as scared. I have a lot of Mommy friends to help me.
WE'RE SO BLESSED!!!
Yay! Congrats Michael and Amber...and Sam! We're so excited for you.
ReplyDeleteWe know exactly what you mean about babies and pregnant ladies everywhere. It's the case down here in Savannah. We've had about 15 babies born at our church alone in just this past year. And more are on their way. Love those babies!