Monday we went to look at all the Christmas lights. We went to the RaceTrac across the street (not usually a good idea, but I really wanted a cappuccino). A man there asked me when I was due and told me he had 8 kids. He said, "oh, that baby's gonna be healthy!" Thanks.
Tuesday night, Matthew flew home from Puerto Rico, so we ate dinner with him and the Vestals at Jim and Nick's. YUM!
Wednesday we went to Sam's preschool party at the Irwin's. We made an ornament, ate cookies and lunch and played. Tiffany came, which was a fun surprise! She realizes how much work a baby can be...especially 2 since a lot of Sam's friends are becoming big brothers and sisters. There were 3 newborns there :)
Yesterday we played at Elie's house and then went shopping for Sam's Christmas presents. I can't tell you what he got yet, but we're so excited. Our little boy is growing too fast!
This morning, Michael and I took Sam to Lenox to ride the Pink Pig, but the line was too long so we just bought tickets to use later. We went to the Pottery Barn kids store there and ordered his Christmas present from the Vestals. He's going to love it!
Today was the neighborhood kids' party. We made bracelets with bells, ate a yummy lunch and did a gift exchange. James drew Sam's name and gave him a cool toy from Ikea with blocks and a reindeer puppet.
Now, I'm doing laundry and blogging. We're going to my parents tonight for an hour to drop off Sam and say hi to the extended family. We're going to the adult neighborhood Christmas party! Tomorrow morning we'll go back to my parents' house to do Christmas breakfast and gifts.
Tomorrow night is Doug's birthday party.
Sunday we'll go to Dublin...I think. Maybe Monday.
There's our update. Hope it didn't bore you too much!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
MERRY CHRISTMAS VESTAL FAMILY!!! Love you guys--maybe I'll see you one day. Y'know, eventually. :-)
ReplyDeleteYes, I realize that a baby (and certainly two kids) will be a lot of work. I'm taking full advantage of my alone, sleep, and relaxation time now.:)
ReplyDeleteUm...our blogs have the same background. ;)