The hospital was fine. I felt really good, actually. The doctor warned me to not act like I felt that great so I wouldn't start to feel bad from being so active. It was so different from having Sam since I didn't labor first and I knew what to expect. I was making people laugh in the operating room. I guess it was the nervous energy/excitement!
We had some people over the first couple days home. They brought us meals and hung out with Sam. That was great so he wouldn't feel like it was all about Owen.
Then, on Wednesday, we went to the doctor for Owen's check up. He looks great! Already gained most of the weight he had lost at the hospital...he gained a 1/2 lb. in 2 days! Needless to say, he's a good eater and that makes it easier on us! It's basically the total opposite experience we had with Sam. He's really easy. Not sure if that's just because of experience and not worrying since it's our 2nd or what.
Wednesday afternoon I really wanted to get out of the house, so we went to Target. I got upstairs (we go to the one in atlantic Station) and tried to decide if I should get in the motorized cart. I just couldn't do it. I got to about the shoe section and got dizzy. The doctor had told me to take it easy! I asked Michael to go get the cart. He came around the corner with the funniest face...he had to ride it all the way to me. So funny! Then, I proceeded to knock down displays and push racks around since I couldn't steer. I was feeling good on my pain medicine, so I was laughing so hard, which made my incision hurt more. It was pretty funny.
Thursday, we went to Jenna's so Michael could do some work. That was fun to let Sam play.
Friday, we went to dinner with the Pearson's at Blue Moon Pizza...yum! Michael had to convince Sam to eat the pizza and vanilla ice cream. He's funny about trying new food. They were nice to offer us a meal, but we all wanted to go out instead. Thanks, Pearsons!
Saturday, we went to Sara Link's wedding! I didn't make it to the wedding in Piedmont Park, so we sat in Trader Joe's parking lot until the reception at the Margaret Mitchell house. It was awesome! I walked a very short distance from the car and just sat at a table with Owen and Michael. People couldn't believe I was there and I got a little embarrased. I told her not to get married at the end of March because I really wanted to be there and they planned it in April. How could I not go??? She's moving to Minneapolis!!! It was a perfect day! I'm so excited for them!!!
Sunday was Michael's birthday. His family came to eat lunch and then we went to the Irwin's house as we usually do on Sunday nights. We usually pray together and let the kids run around...it's challenging to concentrate, but it works. We just grilled out and celebrated Michael's birthday. Thanks, Irwin's!
Monday, my Mom came over and we did laundry and organized the house. We also went to the grocery store for a few things, returned something at Home Depot and Office Max. I nursed Owen in the car while Sam and my Mom went in the store. We met my Dad for lunch and came back home.
AM I CRAZY!?!? It's been pretty active, but I try to sit wherever I go. I'm just a people person and can't stand to sit at home all day. I'm excited about getting to drive again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment