Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Sam and Owen's schedule

The second child needs more planning since you don't have as much time. It's busy with a toddler and a newborn! I read Dr. Denmark info this time around and found it very helpful. I'm not as nervous about everything and was definitely willing to try it out! I tweeked some of it as most moms do to fit our lifestyle.
In the hospital, I nursed every 3 hours and even gave him a little formula to get rid of Jaundice. Once we got home, I realized I was waking him every 3 hours to eat...why??? I switched to 4 hours since that was the goal in mind. He did great! Only a couple of times I've felt the need to feed him a little early and I usually go right back to the this schedule by letting him go longer at night to make up the difference or changing it back slowly in 30 min. increments. It's been so great! Michael is happy with it too!

7am- Wake up Owen and nurse
7:30am -Sam wakes up and goes to eat breakfast downstairs
8:00am- Owen naps in swing or baby papasan seat so he'll be used to traveling in the morning for errands.
11:00am- Owen nurses
12:00- Lunch time for everyone
1:00pm- Sam, Owen and Mommy down for nap :)
3:00pm- Owen nurses and stays awake as much as he can
6:00pm- Dinner time for family (We thankfully have meals coming every other day until mid May!!!)
7:00pm- Owen nurses
8:00pm- Sam's bedtime
11:00pm- Owen nurses (thinking about changing this to 10pm since I'm so tired)
3:00am- Alarm set to wake up Owen to nurse
7:00am- The craziness starts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment