Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fwd: We're here

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <mrs.vestal@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, July 24, 2010
8:00am

It's amazing that you can fly half way around the world in only a day!
We read missionary biographies before that talked about how you packed
your things in a coffin because you would most likely die and it would
take months on a boat to get to Africa.
I'm so thankful to be here and see what life and ministry look like.
Driving on the other side of the road was fun last night! We went
straight to the Melville church where the bunting group was having a
trivia night. We didn't stay long because we were so tired but I got
to meet some staff and a lot of students. They were so warm and
welcoming! We are staying with the kettermans, so we went to their
place around 7 last night and we were asleep by 10. I slept pretty
well despite the jet lag.
Today we are going to Soweto and Pretoria. I'm looking forward to
riding around in the daytime and seeing everything, including all the
tech girls that are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment