Wednesday I went to Bunting's campus (with my ID this time!) and got into Horizon res with Natalie (blog link to the right). We talked with 5 girls that she has already met. I spent an hour dying laughing in one of their rooms with 4 South African girls that were such a hoot! You should have seen their faces when I told them I was married...for 5 1/2 years...with 2 boys! Their mouths dropped farther and farther. I got to share some of our story and they LOVED it. It was well worth the awkward moments at first because they totally accepted me :) (I haven't been in a dorm in 3+ years, so I was a bit nervous!)
We all went to the soccer match after dinner and there was an incredible view of the city from the stands. You can see a 180 of the city. I'll post pics when I get a chance.
Thursday, we had Theology training that Michael led talking about regeneration (when God takes out your heart of stone and gives you a heart of flesh) and how that changes everything. They've had a lot of good training, but it's like opening your mouth and trying to drink from a fire hose. I think they are soaking up a lot, though. After that we ate lunch at the CCP's guest house, Kofifi, and headed out to campus.
I went with MK and Susannah this time to UJ Kingsway. I'm trying to go with different CCP girls everyday. This was a lot of fun, too. I met some of the student leaders and first years they are trying to spend time with. TK is one of the leaders that was with us the majority of the day. She's about 4'7" and such a little sassy thing...in a great way! She is so fun and the girls seem to love her. The funnier part of their dorm is that they had 2 bunnies in their 1 acre courtyard that produced about 50 bunnies. The University said they were going to shoot them if they didn't find a home for them. (Can you imagine if PETA found out about this?!?) So, we helped a couple people try to catch some. So random, but so funny. We had a great conversation with a sweet girl named Nadine, too. She was very open with us and initiated a conversation that was great and I even got to share some of my testimony with her.
We went to their leaders' meeting after dinner at their Student Center and Robert Binion (GT staff guy leading the CCP) talked about the main theme of their summer...God making all things new. It was great to see their leaders and sit in on their share time about all the God's doing on their campus.
Today I'm going to meet my friend Jeanette. Hope you all are having a great week!
Did they think you looked too young to be married and have two kids? Too funny! Glad you are having such a great time. Praying for your time with Jeanette!!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness...i'm so glad you got to see the skoonveld bunnies and meet TK! i love her so much!
ReplyDelete