Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting in shape

I've been determined to get back in shape after having my 2 sweet
babies...Sam was almost 10 pounds (!) and I gained 50 pounds with him.
Shortly before becoming pregnant again I found out my thyroid was out
of whack. The meds helped tremendously and I only gained 35 the second
time around.
In late December I started working out consistently for the first time
in my life. I saw little results for a long time but I felt better
about doing my part.
My motto was: will workout for food. This did not help! :)
I finally figured out my ideal bmi and how many calories I would have
to eat per day to replenish my workouts and lose 1 lb a week. I've
done well the past 7 weeks. 8 pounds down, 12 more to go!
A total of 15 down since December and I'm currently down 2 dress
sizes/ almost 3!
Here's my plan that I've slowly built up to. You have to start small
to keep it up! I started with working out only once a week to 2 to
3...and no weights to light weights...you get the idea!


Workout plan
Cardio: 20 mins (pick one)
Run
Elliptical
Bike

Legs: pick one
Lunges 1/2 bball court
Squats 30
Hamstrings 20
Inner thighs 20 each leg

Abs: 20 of 5 kinds
Leg lifts crunch
Legs up crunch
Regular crunch
Bicycle
Ball side to side
Captains chair
Side dips
Plank (at least 30 sec)

Biceps front and side: 8 lb for 3 sets of 10 reps

Triceps: 8 lb for 3 sets of 10 reps

Chest: 16-20 lb bar or 2 free weights- 3 sets of 10 reps

Back: 2 sets of 10
Lift
Row
Plank

Shoulders: same
Row
Side lift
Overhead lift

3 comments:

  1. Get it girl! My hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you! You really look great I realized once I had a second to look at you and not your kiddos!! (: I know you feel better too!! Thanks for your encouragement yesterday and just listening to me! I went to bed at 11:00 last night and finally got out of bed at 8:00, its a start. I had to wake MT up, but I had a much more productive day!

    ReplyDelete