Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Heather

I wish Heather had a blog. She's so thoughtful, selfless, giving, crafty, frugal, and a great friend. We've been friends since 10th grade. We got to know each other because our older siblings were Seniors with cool skylight hall lockers next to each other and they shared them with us. We have so many funny stories of how immature we were/are.
She took care of her sick mother in high school. She'd clean, cook, grocery shop. I was in awe of her attitude about it. I've learned a lot through her life since High School. She's gone through some really tough things and still has incredible faith. Love her!
Sarah Beth

Andrew and Sam play so well together


We went to her house in Marietta on Monday so she could teach me how to use my sewing machine. It was literally in the box! (I used it 5 years ago but broke a needle and messed it up. My Mom got it fixed, but it's been sitting in the boys closet since then)
I can't wait to show you what I made for Patrick and Evy's baby! I won't spoil the fun for them since they're coming in town Friday for a baby shower!  Only a minor injury this time. (I pulled my thumb nail back and it almost ripped off half way down the nail bed).
I felt confident after her lesson, so I got the sewing machine out again during naptime Tuesday to finish Owen's pumpkin shirt. I did great at first, but ended up sewing the front of the shirt to the back in a weird way. I guess I'm not going to take up sewing as a hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment