Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Working on a Full House

We're thrilled that we'll be welcoming another life into our family by the first week of September! The boys are so excited, too. They went with us to the first appointment and got to see the little nugget on the screen with us. Owen has been saying from the beginning that he thinks it's a girl, but Sam has been saying boy. He did change his mind this week and now says it's a "gril". I love how he says that.
I guess we'll all know in about 8 weeks.
I've been sick this pregnancy, unlike the previous 2. I've laid on the couch for at least half of my awake time until recently. Most nights I just have to lay still or I'll get sick. This has been hard on all of us. I feel like I'm worthless and like I'm missing out on the boys and Michael. (This of course is not true). Michael comes home to complete chaos...dishes everywhere, toys everywhere, uncooked dinner or no plan for dinner. He's been so wonderful! Even though he works a full day, he still jumps right in with dinner, rough-housing the boys, and bath time. I'm so blessed!
We're hoping for it to turn around soon. I'm already not as sick as often and I've been able to enjoy our Anniversary trip to Athens and other fun events.

6 comments:

  1. :) We're going to go ahead and vote 'gril' too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Amber and Michael!!! I'm betting a girl too, although I think you would be a totally awesome mom of 3 boys!! Praying you feel well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the Vestal family! What exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:39 PM

    Although the boys are precious and I would love a 4th grandson, I think it is time for a girly girl! I am fine with whatever God sees fit to give us. We are so blessed, no matter what! Dad and I love you and Michael and thank you for continuing to enrich our lives with the opportunity to be grandparents!

    ReplyDelete