Yesterday we were very encouraged by separate conversations with several supporters. Thanks to all of you who are investing the ministry at Georiga Tech! Even small amounts excite us, and we deeply appreciate all your prayers. Thanks for keeping us in your own loop, and please share any prayer requests you have with us, too.
I recently completed Orthodoxy, by G.K. Chesterton. It was, as I'd heard, a good book to familiarize myself with the author. I appreciated the book the good and interesting perspective on a lot of the apologetical attacks on Christianity-- those from his time and many that persist. He concluded with an interesting thought: Jesus displayed His anger and His sorrow here on earth in ways that He hid His joy. One of Chesterton's themes throughout the book was the adventure and joy that man's life with/before God is. Chesterton seemed to suggest that Jesus' joy was too great for us to comprehend and that our best perceptions of it were through a veil.
We often have trouble sharing in that joy. Amber and I know it is very rightly ours in Christ, but our sin and the difficulties in life can distract us from it. But, as Romans 5 says, "We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." That's one of my favorite verses.
Hope you're all doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment