So, lots of people were on the road today. In fact, we probably saw you on I-75 (there couldn't have been very many people NOT on I-75); we honked and waved, but you didn't seem to see us. I'm just joking; it wasn't that bad. But after it took several hours just to get into Henry County and we were pulling off to stop for car maintenance, it felt like we were back in 5th grade, playing the Oregon Trail game. I expected a dashboard message informing us that either Johnny had malaria or that we lost two oxen in forging the river.
But we're at my parents' in Dublin now, and we're having a good time. Hope the holiday is fun and beneficial to each of you. Top on our list of things (all in Christ) to be thankful for? -- you, our friends, families and co-laborers. Thanks for your friendship, prayers, encouragement and partnerships. We thank God for you!
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteYou just lost oxen while forging the river! You're lucky. I never failed to see a tombstone--"Here lies Tabitha (drowned)." My poor sister! :) It was always the river or starvation--considering I never was very accurate shooting those stupid buffalo! Ummm...can you tell how often we went to the computer lab in Macon?
ReplyDeleteBack in the day, there were some great 4-bit games. You had Atari, which was the main precursor to the original 8-bit Nintendo. The Wreyford's, however, had a "TI." That's right...a Texas Instruments 4-bit game console. Your post remeinded me of a game we had called "Chisolm Trail." If you puked on a plate of spagetti and the meatballs and chunks started fighting each other...it kinda looked like a low-res, 4-bit version of that. All we could ever figure out is that we were shooting at something. I guess on a rainy Mississippi day, it was better than nothing. We also had a spelling game where a pink camel would dance when you got a word right. I'm not making this up.
ReplyDeleteAnyway...add me to your links!!!!
GO DAWGS!! 2005 SEC CHAMPS!!!