Monday, January 09, 2006

Christmas Conference Report

About 25 students from Georgia Tech and a couple from Georgia State participated in our Christmas Conference here in Atlanta. Total, there were about 1,900 students from Campus Outreach regions Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte, Augusta, Greenville, Minneapolis, Gulf Coast and Florida. Each of the speakers had a particularly good message. Too bad we could only hear a little from Joe Ehrmann and Moe Leverett (Randy Pope was the main speaker throughout).

Amber and I saw a lot of our friends from Charleston and Augusta, and that's always a great bonus for us. It's exciting to hear what's going on at their schools, too.

Probably the best thing for us at Georgia Tech was the informal time and small meetings we shared. I think the guys in several different fraternities and some of the younger students who aren't in a fraternity all grew much closer during the few days. And even though we only had a handful of girls, I think they got to know the each other and the guys a lot better, too. (we're hoping to meet more girls this semester, too)

No comments:

Post a Comment