The first couple of times he got out of the bed Michael talked to him sternly about obeying and staying in his bed. The next couple of times he was disciplined. He definitely knew what we were asking of him, and after all that he stayed. We peeked in his room a bunch and one time he has dropped Dotters (his little doggie) on the floor. He was reaching for him and just couldn't quite get him and fell out of the bed. He jumped right back in after grabbing the dog. It was pretty cute. He didn't nap, but stayed there reading books and looking out the window. Success!
Friday night, we had a baby shower for Brett and Tiffany at La Paz. (I think this is why I dreamed about cheese dip!) I had the best fajitas ever there. They got fun gifts and we had a great time visiting. (I don't have pics of Becca and Jacob, me or Anne's boyfriend...maybe I'll get them from Tiff)
We put Sam to bed when we got home and he only got out a couple times right when we were putting him down. He stayed through the night except for when he fell out at 1:30am. He was crying and Michael went in and found him between the bed and the dresser. We think he bumped his head...poor little guy! We moved his big Pottery Barn chair next to the bed and that helped. He's just all over the bed!!!
I tried to sleep on the couch with not much luck. I'm pretty uncomfortable these days. I've started taking Tylenol PM at night and I've been able to sleep in our bed 2 nights only waking up a couple of times. YAY! I feel so much better.
Saturday, we went to Macon in the morning for a baby shower for Justine Hogan. This was after a no sleep night and I was so tired. The shower was great and Michael got to hang out with his friend Griff and their little boy, Jack. They went to a museum downtown and then we all went to lunch.
We drove from Macon to Gainesville for a Beach Project leaders' cookout. I was spent by this point, but MIchael kept his word that he would be on Sam duty all day. I slept for 10 hours Saturday night!!!
Sunday was great too. The sermon was good and it snowed like crazy! We went to lunch with some girls and came home thinking the snow would stay. By the time Sam woke up, it was gone. Bummer. We still put rain boots on him and took him over to our friends' house, the Irwins.
James Irwin is Sam's best buddy. He loves James. Whenever we talk about his friends, I say all their names and he'll repeat them to me. When I say "James", he just giggles. It's precious. He's also in love with Elie. Everytime we go in the car, he thinks he's going to see her and he'll shout "EWEEEE!!!!" I love that. He did it in church on Sunday too when it got quiet during announcements. He saw her on the next row and shouted it like he hadn't just spent the whole service until that point playing with her in the nursery. I love that we can bring the kids in for the last part of the service when we're all singing and taking communion.
So, there's our weekend. Today my parents took Sam so I could rest and clean. I'm pooped after just straightening the house and going to the grocery store! Maybe I'll get to it tonight or before my dr. appt. in the morning so it will be clean when he comes back home!
I love the visuals of Sam trying to reach Dottie without getting out of bed and being stuck between the dresser and the bed. It's such a funny transition.
ReplyDelete