I just told Amber this story from tonight's bedtime, and she really wanted me to post it. It is pretty sweet.
I was laying with Sam in his bed after we'd read The Jesus Storybook Bible and prayed with Owen. And, like many nights, we were talking about all kinds of random things, reviewing stuff from animal noises to memory verses. We prayed for some of our friends - the Teacheys. After praying for Mollie, Sam would say, "Elie," and after we prayed for Elie, "Jenna" and we included Mr. Doug, too. Then he said, "do Sam." So I started praying for Sam. When I asked that Sam would love God and want to follow Jesus, Sam spoke up and said, "I do want to follow Jesus. I want to hold Jesus with a big hug."
I told Sam that I want to hold Jesus with a big hug, too, and that I think some day we'll get to. We kept talking and playing for a few minutes after that. Pretty much whatever he asked after that, I was okay with - went and got the doodle board and drew our house, our friends' houses, etc. So, a late bedtime, it turns out. But totally worth it.
Oh,sweet Sam! How special! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOkay, tears in my eyes because of the sweetness of that one!
ReplyDelete