It's day 5 of Michael being gone. Let me just give you a glimpse of today as an example of what it's been like with him gone.
Wake up to screaming kids at 5:30, closed my door so I couldn't hear it.
Wake up to one child yelling "I want my Mommy" at 6:30, so I went in there to tell them to go back to sleep. Then, I went back to my bed and shut my door.
Wake up at 7:30 to happy kids playing in their room. Went downstairs for the day.
We made Valentines cards, I made muffins with cute hearts on top, Owen fell and his lip and gums were bleeding, went shopping at the Loft (they're having a 50% off sale), went to Chick-fil-A where Sam went up to the slide and car for the first time ever and wouldn't come down for 20 mins despite my threatening, packed the car up and went to a friend's house in Roswell for dinner and Owen fell asleep in the car on the way home...never good. They are still awake in their room now. I'm about to go make heart shaped sugar cookies for a homeless shelter children's party for tomorrow.
I'm hoping that tomorrow will be calm for Michael's return!
But I'm also laughing since I just read about Sam riding Owen like a horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you survived! It sounds like you did great! I am impressed that you did all those Valentine's activities! It is fun to do them on a whim! Hope Michael made it back safely in the snow. :)
ReplyDelete