It begins tomorrow. I want Christmas to be meaningful and all about Jesus. Reality is that we're still going to buy a present for our loved ones. I'm trying to make the gifts meaningful, or what they'd want but not get for themselves that's less than $30. It's so hard! I'm planning to get the boys 3 things each, too. Like the wise men bringing Jesus 3 gifts. (They don't need anything!)
Anyways, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I don't want to add clutter to our lives and home. I want to spend time together, make memories, and start more fun family traditions.
I just saw this video and it just pushed these thoughts out more and I had to share.
What do you think?
Same boat. 3 gifts for Eli (well, plus little things for his stocking). Even our extended family members are cutting back on the gift part and trying to make memories with a new tradition. I plan on using my new sewing (uh) "skills" to make a couple of gifts. Oh, oh and I just got some advent candles so we can start doing that as a family each week.
ReplyDeleteThough I admit that a nice, new camera is still being pondered as a gift from Brett to me...does that cancel out all of the above?
ha
Amber, you are a kindred spirit. (Smile...Anne of Green Gables.) I know this sounds crazy, but I'm glad that Nathan lost his job almost 3 years ago. It's made us live on less; thus, desire less. I, too, want to do better about making memories vs. filling our house with more clutter. Good post.
ReplyDelete