Michael has been gone a lot lately for work and various meetings. We've been exhausted. He's had Elder meetings after the boys go to bed, Seminary class all last weekend, membership interviews, I made a meal for the Watson's because they are sick, swept and mopped the floor for the first time in a couple months (!), seminary class again, gave the talk at the weekly meeting at Tech, our dinner for 8 dinner group, we went on a date after dinner group (!), we've both been working out 3x a week, Michael is training for a half marathon, I had 2 Tech girls come hang out with me and the boys, had a couple over for dinner, I babysat the Teachey girls friday afternoon, dinner with the Crews's, Staff family Thanksgiving this weekend...and that's all just from this past week. He even stayed up past 2am last night reading for class. Poor guy. He has the best attitude, though.
We know that this is just a busy time of year for us and it will be a different pace once the Holidays arrive. We're looking forward to spending time with family, Staff training week, weddings, and New Years Conference in Nashville.
I've been more dependent on the Lord this past week, which is great. I'm always dependent on Him, but I don't always feel it as much.
If I ran this hard and fast for too much longer I'll collapse, though!
I'm learning that everyone is different (duh!) and we all have our own pace. We're trying to learn how much we can do, by God's grace, and still be healthy. I want the Lord to use us and to challenge us so we can see Him at work in us and through us. I don't want to just sit around and only think about me and my comfort, though. It's a walking in the Spirit deal; I want to listen to Him and have Him guide me to be and do all He's calling me to do, by His strength.
So, enough rambling.
Just carve out a few hours for us the 3rd week of December...k? ;)
ReplyDeleteWill be praying for your busy season and won't bother you with rambling phone calls. ha
Like the mommyhood lesson (outofsync) thing from your other post A LOT...
Tiffany,
ReplyDeleteI'm sure Amber looks forward to any phone calls she gets from you.
Amber,
thanks for the honest and encouraging post - like all of them. Love you, Sweetheart!