Friday, August 26, 2011

37 weeks

I went to my weekly appt. today and everything went well. I went to see the nurse practitioner who will be assisting my c-section because my Dr. is out of town. She was great! I broke down crying because I'm so exhausted and stressed out from moving. I haven't been sleeping much at all. She gave me a prescription for Ambien and took blood to check my thyroid and iron levels. Hopefully I'll be more functional here soon.
She measured my belly, which is measuring 36 weeks, and then felt my belly to see where the baby was. Turns out she's almost sideways, so she shoved her back in place. That felt weird, but I'm hoping that will help with my back pain. It's tough work growing a baby!

This week I've had SO much help. I would be a basketcase if I didn't have help. I had a Tech girl, MK, come Monday morning and pack up our entertainment/TV/homeschool stuff and all the boys' books from their room. My friend Laura came over after her Dr. appt. and packed up our office stuff in our bedroom and all the random stuff under our bed, played playdough with the boys, made me a sandwich...she's amazing. She was so sweet to use her free time to come help me-her Mother in Law was babysitting her 1 year old. AFter she left, another Tech student named Meredith came over. She played with the boys and helped me rest for a bit before we all went out to dinner.

Tuesday, my Mom met me and got Sam to go spend the night with her. (She took Owen for a day last week). Owen and I had a date at Target and Chick fil A. He was so cute, he'd lean over for a kiss between bites and say "I love you, Mommy". Love that kid! After his nap, he went to his buddy's house. They colored and played and went outside to ride bikes. Lis made us dinner, too! We just showed up at 6:30 and ate with them. Michael went to lead a Bible study after that. (I just want to include all the crazy details so you can get a feel for how crazy we feel)

Wednesday, my Mom brought Sam back and the boys were thrilled to be back together. 2 girls I know from Tech, Kristen and Sydney, came over in the afternoon and helped play with the boys and they took all the toys we own and organized them into boxes and baskets. This was a huge undertaking since we have them crammed in corners all over the house it feels like. I was able to sort through them and figure out what I'm going to consign the week after the baby comes. (I'm crazy, I know) We tossed a few things while we were at it, too. No need to keep random things just because we'll finally have the space for it! After we ate sandwiches with the girls for dinner, we went to the Gilberts' house to pray for their trip to Uganda to adopt Martha Jane! Michael left that early to lead another Bible study that will end this week.

Thursday, we took it easy in the morning. Peggy and all the Tech staff girls and wives came over right after lunch and took everything out of our kitchen and boxed it up or bagged it up if it was food. That was a huge deal. It took them a couple hours, but it would have taken me at least a week! The boys went to the Crews's house after naps to play with their buddies Jac and Calvin. They had a ton of fun and Corrie made us dinner too! We just showed up at 6 ready to visit and eat and get the boys. Can you believe how great our friends are!?!?
This morning, I woke up on the couch to the boys all ready to eat. We couldn't find coffee or filters or sippy cups. (oops!) We made it work. Michael got plasticware at 10 last night so we'd be able to have breakfast. He went to Starbucks to get coffee and I took the boys to play at the Stevens's house. They had a blast while I was at my Dr. appt and went to get my prescription filled. She offered to keep them for the next and last Dr.appt next week too. The boys and I went to play at a park for a few minutes and went home to meet Michael. I did laundry while he took Sam to get more boxes. They just came back and got Owen to head to Dublin for the weekend. Michael will come back tonight in a big van with our furniture that we've had stored there.
We're in the home stretch!!!! I can't wait to be settled. We have lots of people helping tomorrow and Monday for the actual move. We're so incredibly blessed, it's overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment