Michael and I went to a New Parents' Dessert Soiree last night for the Heiskell School. (I had to look up the definition of a soiree) It was a lot of fun and we met a ton of the teachers and other parents. I didn't get to meet Sam's teacher or any other parents of kids in his class, though. One of the teachers may have a kid in his class, but we'll see. We did find out that they have to wear uniforms, which is a new rule as of this year! Good thing we found that out before Sam showed up in jeans :)
I met on Mom named Darragh and we hit it off instantly. We had multiple conversations that progressed like this:
When are you due? Sept. 11th. ME TOO!
How many children do you have? This will be my third. ME TOO!
How do you feel? Like my body is falling apart...You get the idea. Everything is the same.
Where is your husband? Leading a bible study. Michael is going to lead one after this!
Where do you live? (answer) We live (answer) but we're moving on Monday. ME TOO BUT IN 2 WEEKS!!! We're both crazy! this is making me feel better!!
Where are you delivering? (answer) ME TOO!!! This is starting to freak me out a little bit :)
Where do you go to church? (Turns out some of our CO staff go to the same church and they all know each other)
Michael comes over and asks her more about it. She randomly asks if we like Christian Rap/Hip Hop. We tell her we know LaCrae. LaCrae is her husband!!!
You don't understand how much we love him in our house. I try to play cool, but I'm so excited because Owen LOVES him. Especially his song "Background". The boys were fussing in the backseat yesterday and I put that song on and they instantly starting singing all the words and jammed out to it.
So, we exchanged numbers and we're going to have a play date once our babies come.
No comments:
Post a Comment