By far the biggest theme of our time in San Francisco was hanging out with Amber's extended family and friends. We really had a wonderful time with all of them. It was the first time I'd met several of the cousins and I'd never gotten to know any of them very well before. Thursday a group went into the city, down to Fisherman's Wharf and saw Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge-- which was really cool for me. The next day Amber was with the bride's maids while I went again and rode a street car, walked through China town and visited with a few others in the group. Saturday we went on a train through Napa Valley, tasted a couple wines and ate lunch.
Sunday we got to do the one particular thing I'd been hoping for-- visit City Church in downtown San Francisco for one of their Easter services. We have two separate connections to the church through mutual friends, and I was interested to see what it was like firsthand. Also, being able to focus and worship for a while on Easter was good for me. Christ's resurrection, as the pastor said, is either of no value (if it's false) or of ultimate value (if it's true); it cannot be of some value (as we're often more comfortable of pretending).
I am extremely thankful God has brought Amber and me together. Sharing with her in everything-- this week the biggest thing has been her family-- enhances my walk with Christ and deepens my dependence on him.
I'd also just like give a big "THANK YOU!" to Amber's family for so warmly welcoming me and encouraging me. I'll let Amber share now a bit of her thoughts from the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment