Saturday, March 12, 2005

local suspect apprehended

Amber and I are visiting my family in Dublin. We traveled down yesterday from Alpharetta/Duluth, and we couldn't help looking around wondering where the suspect Brian Nichols was. Of course, we're very glad to hear now that he has been apprehended. The whole episode heightens the esteem in which I hold judges. The reputations of Judge Barnes that continue to surface on the news impress me, and I'm thankful to know there are individuals like him on the bench-- and Atlanta should be proud of this particular local judge. His friend Judge T. Jackson Bedford is now talking with Channel 2 news via phone, and he seems to have a great perspective on things, too.

I understand that the Supreme Court justices have incurred a lot of criticism lately, and from what I know, I suspect much of it is warranted. But that should not diminish our appreciation for the men and women who honorablly hold judge-ships everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment